Filter options for the inbox archive

Our team would love filter options for the archive section of the inbox.

We’d be happy to get the same options the “activity” section has, but we wouldn’t say no to more possibilities like filtering by team/project/due date etc. as well.

Thank you!

2 Likes

I love this idea @Nicolas_Fischer ! I’ve added my vote :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is important to me because our team updates Asana regularly. And increasingly, Asana inbox is becoming like the flooded email inbox. My team and I are starting to miss out message because of the inbox overload

Sometimes I like to archive all, but I also like a view on the archived messages by Project or where I’m tagged/mentioned. Meaning I want to see the latest activity by Project level so I can keep track of them if I want to. But without the need to flood my inbox

Resurrecting this topic, we are also starting to use asana a lot more and finding messages is becoming crucial.
The filtering options available in the Activity section in the inbox would be great to have in the Archive (or even Bookmarks) as well.

It seems that there is no way to search archived notifications in the inbox. I am still fairly new to Asana, and I’m shocked that this isn’t a feature. Or perhaps it is a feature but it is just hidden? Are filters for archived notifications going to be added soon?

Hmm, I believe you’re right. Doesn’t seem like an archive to me if it is not searchable (right?), let alone filterable.

Probably the Asana response is - notifications are ephemeral entities, meant to be looked at once, acted upon as needed, and then dismissed forever. Which IMO is best practice, and how I’ve always used the Inbox. But in this case, why call it “Archive”?

Also, @Jack_Lane1 , you might want to consider obfuscating your business activty details in the screenshots.

Welcome, @Jack_Lane1,

I’ve merged your post into an existing thread where you can click the title to scroll to the top and vote by clicking the purple Vote button.

Thanks,

Larry