Feature Request: Tags on Goals

We’ve enjoyed using the Goals functionality for our company OKRs, but there are a few areas that I always get feedback from our team on:

1. It’d be great if you could add an optional comment with a status update. Sometimes you just want to update the metric / status, but most times people want to add a sentence or 2 on where the progress is at. We’ve added notes to the description field as a walk around, but since that doesn’t come with a date, it’s not as helpful.
  2. We’d also love if you could add tags to a goal. We create company / team goals quarterly so it’d be nice if you could have a “2021 Q2” tag on them (or a custom field where I could add the quarters as options). That would allow us to quickly filter to those specific goals.

If anyone has a work around for the best way to differentiate between goals created in different quarters, that’d be helpful! Right now we just make sure the date ranges represent the quarter, but it’s tricky when some parent ones spam several quarters.

Thanks,

Hi @anon13627270, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback :slight_smile:

We do already have a feature request for comments on Goals in the forum so you can go ahead and add your vote here:

I’ve updated the title of your post slightly to a “Tags on Goals” feature request, I hope you don’t mind :slight_smile:

Hopefully this is something our Product team can implement in the future. I’ll keep you posted!

1 Like

Thanks for the response, Rebecca! Do you know of a good work around for this (distinguishing goals between quarters) in the meantime?

Thanks for following up @anon13627270 :slight_smile: You can break Goals down into Sub-goals. I’d recommend creating a Sub-goal for each quarter working up to the main parent Goal for the year :slight_smile:

Hi all,
Is there a way to add an additional tag in the goals section? Right now there is only Company Goals and Team Goals. If it is possible, how is it done?
Thanks,
Mo

Hey @Maurine_Horne
I have found this thread and recommend upvoting here :slight_smile: Feature Request: Tags on Goals

1 Like

Thanks Andrea :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like