Extremely slow when typing in description

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

Steps to reproduce: create a card, and try to write anything in description. You will experience very slow text input displayed…

Browser version: google chrome Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit) location & region: Seoul, Korea, Asia Pacific

Upload screenshots below: not necessary

Hi @johnnykoo and welcome to the Forum! :wave:

This is usually an issue directly related to the browser, so I’ve recommended following the steps in this guide to troubleshoot the issue: https://asana.com/guide/help/faq/connectivity#gl-browsers

Hope this helps, but let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Have a great Friday!

Hi Natalia - I (not OP) am experiencing this issue. I’m using Firefox 80 on an amd64 ubuntu machine. The ‘About FIrefox’ box also says “canonical - 1.0”, which may be additional helpful version information.

I’ve followed that FAQ and have tested that websockets are working. This appears to be some other issue.

To give you an example of what I mean, if I type in a large amount of text and then hold down the ‘backspace’ key, characters are deleted at the rate of 1-2 characters per second (VERY slow), and sometimes in little bursts of 5 or 6 characters at once. This behavior also exists while inputting characters quickly, but it is easiest to see it in action when deleting.

I suspect the issue is with websockets, specifically I think that input is being buffered in a way that blocks inputs until the buffer is cleared.

This is just a shot in the dark here, but I wonder if it would be best to allow input and display to be direct (ie. not synched to the server) and have synchronization happen in websockets in the “background”, ie. without waiting for a websocket round trip before allowing more input to be buffered.

Do you have any tips for how I can speed up input? It’s quite frustrating, atm., to enter more than a few words at once in a ticket.

Hi @anon67742280,

Marie here, filling in for Natalia. I’d recommend reaching out to our support team with a screencast, they will be able to investigate this issue further for you and advise you with some solutions.

Loom is a great app for video screencasts: https://www.useloom.com. In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open:

Try to include the entire browser window, including URL bar, in the video screencast.

Sorry for not being able to resolve this issue directly via the Forum, our support team should be better equipped to help you there!