Error in asana API

I have a task that I make an API request to to get all of its stories
I receive the following message:
{“errors”:[{“message”:“The result is too large. You should use pagination (may require specifying a workspace)!”,“help”:“For more information on API status codes and how to handle them, read the docs on errors: Build an app with Asana”}]}

I thought it was because she had too many stories
But no, I also checked a task that has much more and everything is easily pulled out for me
I thought maybe something in the shima drum was causing it
Do you have an idea what it could be?
It only happens to me for one task out of many tasks
Thank you

Hi,

Itmight be possible that the task in question has a lot of stories that don’t show up on the screen, so it looks “simple” but in reality it had a lot going on. I am not 100% sure that is the case. You don’t want to implement pagination?

Thanks ,
No I don’t want to apply pagination
This mission has 440 stories
I checked against another task that has over 500 stories and there was no problem
So I think maybe something else is causing the error
Maybe too long stories
It is limited to a number of characters, does anyone know?

Sorry I don’t have more info. I am surprised Asana even send 500 stories without pagination.

@yehudit_mendelman,

Try using the Asana API Explorer to get those stories and see what happens. As Bastien says, perhaps there are more than the 440 you’re seeing in the UI. You can easily do pagination in the Explorer to make sure you’re getting all of the stories there; see if that gives you any clues as to what’s happening.

1 Like