Emojis everywhere! 🎉

Surprise everyone; you can now find Emoji’s everywhere in Asana!

We heard your feedback and we’re happy to announce that, as of a few days ago, you can now use emojis in task & project names in Asana, as well as custom fields! This makes it easy for Teams to distinguish between similar projects (1:1 meeting Projects, for example) with an emoji. Give your task name some :heart: or even add your favorite emoji as a custom field.

Asana’s expanded formatting options mean you can now cut and paste your :heart:s directly from your Tasks (or https://getemoji.com/) directly into your custom fields & titles for a little extra flair.

:fireworks::tada::champagne::tada::fireworks:

19 Likes

This is excellent! I especially like the possibilities of using emojis as custom fields. :+1:

4 Likes

So happy about this! Thanks so much @Michael_A and team!

2 Likes

Great!
Would it also be possible to get the BOLD and UNDERLINE available in the custom fields?

3 Likes

How do you add them? The old system of typing : and then the emoji name? I tried that and it’s not working. Thanks

2 Likes

I’d like to know the best way as well. I had to type them into the description or comment box, then copy & paste them into the task or project title.

3 Likes

exactly. weird that there is no description on how to do this. unless the roll out isn’t universal yet.

1 Like

Ditto - how does one actually add them, as there’s no input selector…?

2 Likes

I’ve just been copying and pasting from here: https://getemoji.com/

3 Likes

On Mac computers you can always use the key command CTRL+ALT+SPACEBAR to let the emoji-picker-palette appear, but that’s a MacOS feature and I don’t know if there is something similar on Windows or Linux systems…

4 Likes

For Windows, windows key + . brings up the emojis

2 Likes

amazing i had no idea. thank you

1 Like

Boo. The keyboard shortcut doesn’t work for me even though I’m running Windows 10 and have the correct language settings. But I don’t have time to search for a solution so I guess I’ll just have to continue to copy and paste for now. :frowning:

Hey @Crystal_Alifanow :wave:

Have you tried cut & pasting emojis from the text formatting options that expand when you click into a task description or comment section?

Try it out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Paul_Reich
Try cut & pasting your emojis from the text formatting options that expand when you click into a task description or comment section!

You can also cut and paste them from https://getemoji.com as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

is there any option to add custom emoji, just like on slack?

3 Likes

I’m still having trouble getting emojis to come up when trying to add them to task titles. I’ve tried in a number of different browsers, so I don’t think that is the issue.

Thanks,
Katie

1 Like

@Katie_Reynolds, I can confirm this isn’t working for me either right now (Chrome/Mac) whereas I recall it used to. Specifically, pasting an emoji from the post below works when pasting into the task description, but results in the text :emoji-name: when pasted into the task title, as you say.

Just because it’s germane to this thread, here’s a link to a possibly-helpful post of mine earlier:

1 Like

No news about this? :arrow_up: @Michael_A

1 Like

You might want to have a look at my latest thread on the subject and share your ideas! The best emojis for business and work in general