Emojis cut down

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: for a few days now, emojis have been broken. They lack a margin on the right so they are cut in dropdown, and too close to text.

Steps to reproduce: use an emoji next to some text wherever

Browser version: Chrome evergreen

Upload screenshots below:
Capture d’écran 2020-06-02 à 08.59.29

Same in list

Capture d’écran 2020-06-02 à 09.51.02

Hi @Bastien_Siebman :wave:t3: and thanks for the report!

I’m running into the same issue with Chrome, but fun fact, that also happens to me in the Forum. See the example above, I have a space between the emoji and "and’, but it doesn’t translate in my post.

I’ve tried to reproduce with Safari, and emojis work as expected (both in Asana and here in the Forum). I’ll do a bit of research on this, but since it’s happening not just in Asana, I have a feeling the issue could be related to Chrome. To be safe, I’ll also file a task for our Product team. I’ll keep you posted when I have an update.

Interestingly, the space shows when I post in Discourse, but not when I draft :thinking:

Capture d’écran 2020-06-02 à 08.55.15

it does look like a Chrome bug, look
Capture d’écran 2020-06-02 à 15.34.54

Yes, was just about to report this as a bug as well. Noticed it when the recent updates to the list view rolled out. Seems to be possible to keep the space (to some degree) in project names, or at least it looks like there is a space. However, in sections or custom fields (like drop down lists) the space is gone even if I save it with multiple spaces in between.

Hi all, our development team investigated this further and they confirmed it’s an issue with the Chrome version and it should be fixed when Chrome releases new updates. Unfortunately we don’t have a workaround for this, apologies for the trouble!

I’m marking this bug as solved but please let me know if you have follow-up questions!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.