Email/Notification Audit Log

Please create an email/notification audit log that shows a project owner when emails/notifications are sent from Asana and to who. For example, I shared a progress update on a project and I have no way of telling who was notified and when.

Hi @Mel_Mitchell1, thanks for your feedback! As it stands, it’s currently not possible to see who received specific notifications from your project. As a workaround, you can confirm which member has inbox notifications disabled for your project accessing the project notifications settings:

I hope this helps! We don’t have immediate plans to implement this feature but I’ll keep you updated if I have any news!

Hi Emily, thanks for the quick reply. Just for clarification, you’re referring to the ‘Status updates’ member notification, correct? How do I know if a user has email notifications disabled from this view?

It would also be nice to have the ability to send a copy to yourself. Although I sent the status update and am opted in to receive status updates, I don’t ever see what was actually emailed or sent to the Asana Inbox of the other project members.

Already I have project members telling me that they are not receiving the updates from Asana and I have no way to confirm. My only option is to send a direct email to the progress update, which just increases my workload.

I’m looking forward to Asana improving visibility into project communication.

Thank you!
Melanie Mitchell

Thanks for getting back to me, @Mel_Mitchell1! In the the Project Notifications settings you can see if users opted out to receive notifications for Status updates, Messages or Tasks added to the project.

I’m afraid it’s currently not possible to see what are the email notification settings for other members and confirm if they received an email notification for a specific action.