Email Links opening Web browser and not desktop (Mac)

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the bug you’re experiencing: When I receive an email alert from Asana and click the link it opens my web browser and not the app. I have review prior posts but nothing lists seems to work and I do not have any toggle in the “apps” section of the “settings.” I am running on a iMac running Sonoma.

Steps to reproduce:

Browser version: Safair 17.2.1

What version of Asana are you using (Personal, Starter, Advanced, Enterprise, Enterprise+, Premium, Business or legacy Enterprise)? 2.1.2

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Bob_Morrison welcome to our Community, and sorry to hear that you are running into issues. The option to toggle on/off the “Open links in app” can be found in the Apps tab of your Settings. Can you confirm if you have the option enabled there?:

1 Like

I have no such option on desktop or in my browser version.

Hi @Bob_Morrison, can you share a screenshot of what you can see in your Apps tab?

This is from my browser:

From Desktop:

Thank you so much for sharing the screenshots, @Bob_Morrison. Would you be able to log out and go through the login flow for the desktop app again?

To explain what might be happening, we set a cookie in the browser during the desktop login flow in order to indicate that links should redirect to the Desktop app. If some some reason your cookies are cleared, app links are disabled and will no longer show up in the settings menu until you log in to Asana Desktop again.

I hope this will solve the problem, but let me know if the option still doesn’t appear after going through the Desktop login flow again and I will escalate your case to our Developers!

1 Like

That did the trick! Thank you!

Glad to hear that, @Bob_Morrison, thank you! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.