Editor: Ordered list with nested items has wrong numbering

The numbering goes completely crazy whenever having nested items. Sometimes it displays correctly when typing the message but once submitted it just loses formatting.

Hi @Marcus6, thanks for reaching out and I’m sorry for the trouble!

I tried to reproduce this on my end but I’m not experiencing the same issue.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 08.46.45

Could you confirm if you are copying and pasting the text in the description or are you manually typing? I’d recommend you follow the steps in this article as its usually solve this type of issues.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

1 Like

Thanks for following up, Emily.
I am not copying and pasting but typing all by myself and using the Ctrl+Shift+7 to create new lists and nest items with Tab or Shift+Tab.

I’m using Firefox 75.0 and this issue doesn’t happen all the time but it’s rather sporadic depending on the type of text added (I guess)?

But in the end it gets a bit confusing to readers as if we make notes to a specific item 4.1.2 and then the numbering is all wrong, it will be difficult for them to find that out.

Well the problem exists, so I guess you guys need to try making more tests as there might be something wrong with the logic, unfortunately.

Thanks again.

And here we go, again: this happened when using the progress status updates for a project.