Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I am trying to put a subtask in “My Tasks” by dragging it from the Task detail sidebar into “Today”, but it ends up consistently crashing the app.
Steps to reproduce:
- Navigate to “My Tasks”
- Select a Task with subtasks
- Drag a subtask from sidebar of the open Task into “Today” in order to have that show up as its own line in my tasks for the day. Task then shows up in “Recently Assigned” for some reason.
- Attempt to drag the subtask from “Recently Assigned” to “Today” section. Asana crashes and dialog pops up forcing me to refresh the page.
Chrome Version 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Upload screenshots below:
Hi @Nick_Cobane and thanks for the report,
Ve just tried to reproduce your issue and was able to drag a subtask into Today without running into any crash or error message, so I don’t believe this is a wide spreaded bug, but probably something related to your browser to this specific task.
- Could you please send me a screenshot of the error/crash you’re seeing?
- Are you able to reproduce the issue when logging into your account from another browser?
- Does the subtasks you’re attempting to move to your My Tasks already has an assignee?
Looking forward to your reply!
I unfortunately do not have another supported browser to log in with (company policy allows only for Chrome and IE).
The task does not have an assignee; the error does not seem to occur if I first assign the task to myself, then drag it into “Today” on My Tasks
I can’t reproduce this problem. Following your steps, the subtask moves fine and Asana does not crash. I am using Chrome Version 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) (64-bit).
Thanks for confirming this information. It seems you are trying to move unassigned subtasks to your “Today” section.
Please note you can only drag and drop tasks in your “My Tasks” list if they are assigned to you. Since the subtask is not yet assigned to you, you’ll need to first assigned the subtask to you and then you’ll be able to move it around your categories in My Tasks.
You can find more information in this article.
Let us know if you have follow up questions!