Download Attachments in Desktop - browser apps toggle not available

I am using the desktop app on Windows. Edge is my primary web browser. Windows, Edge and Asana apps are up to date.

When trying to download an attachment, an internet browser window opens and requires me to sign in to the web version. I do not want to sign in every time I download an app.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app and that did not fix the issue.

When I go to settings, Apps, and click to “change setting in browser” I do NOT have the option to toggle “Open links in apps”. This option does NOT show up at all.

I reached out to support and have gotten stuck in an endless loop of them suggesting exactly the same thing every time, no matter how often I explain in the email that I don’t have that option and include a screenshot. I feel like a not very intuitive bot is answering my emails.

I would really appreciate someone telling me what I am doing wrong and how I can fix this.

Please advise.

Hi @Louise_Duffy, welcome to the Asana Forum!

I’m afraid I’m not able to reproduce this issue, it could be related to a glitch or settings in your desktop. I see our support team has replied to your ticket asking for an screencast so we can see more details about this issue. I recommend you to get back to them via email and we will get back to you asap.

Thanks for your patience and let me know if I can help you with anything else!

After changing to Chrome for my default browser, I am no longer asked to sign in with every file download. Found this by accident. Pretty simple solution.