Downgrade to basic because of no Solo Premium - what is the effect - anyone got any pointers?

I am so disappointed that Asana won’t set up a Solo Premium plan for very small business users that I have been exploring other options - although the alternative I have chosen isn’t perfect, they do provide a business solo plan at a substantial saving (more than 50% cheaper) - and there isn’t much I can’t do that I would be able to do in Asana - they are also adding features all the time and if I get in on their best plan now I’ll be set for grandfathering!! (Hopefully they won’t do an Asana and keep adding other tiers above the current most expensive one)

I may need to keep some projects open in Asana on the basic plan whilst I transition. What I need to establish before I complete my downgrade is what happens with the following:

Custom fields: information already in these i.e. if the field contains text or figures that have been inputted - I assume this will remain in the project but I won’t be able to add to or change the detail in anyway or use the fields in new tasks in the same projects.

Guests - will they be affected in any way when I make the change- other than the restrictions of a basic plan? Will they suddenly see projects that they couldn’t before (projects that are private to me at the moment)

Team mates - I only have one other person in the organisation - who is a very light user. Do they become a guest or are they still in the organisation?

Tags: I assume these are not affected - they don’t seem to be mentioned in the plans anyway.

Is there anyone who has already downgraded to basic who has any pointers?

4 Likes

HI @Ruth_Newnham :wave: Thank you for reaching out!

I’m really sorry to hear you are leaving. Please have a look at my replies listed below:

You are correct here. Once you downgrade, current Custom Fields will remain but you won’t be able to create new ones or modify the existing ones. You won’t be able to use them in new Tasks either.

No, they won’t be affected in any way. They will remain as guests and they will only have access to what has been shared with them while been Premium.

Organization members will remain as members. They won’t become guests.

Correct. Tags are available to all our users and they won’t be affected at all.

I hope this helps Ruth but please let me know if you have any follow-up question!

1 Like

thanks @Natalia - not quite leaving, I will leave one or two projects open as a couple of clients share some very simple projects - I have loved using Asana and have recommended it to anyone who wants to listen - just not happy paying the premium for 4 seats I don’t need but basic doesn’t quite give me the functionality. So, moving over the majority of the business management projects.

The thing I will miss is the community support - that is one thing I think is absolutely unique - never come across this level of supportive community anywhere else!

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words @Ruth_Newnham :hugs:

1 Like

@natalia It isn’t very clear what is meant by the fact Asana says I won’t lose any data but it also says ‘all custom fields data will be hidden’ as per the screen shot- Can you please confirm if this means that when I downgrade I will no longer be able to see the data I have put into a custom field on a particular task in a project? e.g. If I have a Price field and I have entered a price on a specific task will I still be able to see what price I put in?

Also where it says private projects and teams become public - am I right in thinking that does not apply to Guests - they will still only be able to see the team or project they have been invited to?

Sincere apologies for the delay in responding @Ruth_Newnham and sorry for the confusion this might have caused you.

I can confirm that Custom Fields will be locked and hidden but the information won’t be deleted, it will remain in case you want to upgrade to Premium again.

Regarding Private Projects, they will remain private but you will no longer have the option to invite more people to that project. You will only be able to remove people from the Private Project or make it public.

I hope this helps Ruth! Sorry again for the late follow-up!

@Natalia shame that your previous reply was misleading and this reply came too late in reply to my question / statement [quote=“Ruth_Newnham, post:1, topic:67280”]
Custom fields: information already in these i.e. if the field contains text or figures that have been inputted - I assume this will remain in the project but I won’t be able to add to or change the detail in anyway or use the fields in new tasks in the same projects.
[/quote] your previous reply

[quote=“Natalia, post:2, topic:67280”]
You are correct here. Once you downgrade, current Custom Fields will remain but you won’t be able to create new ones or modify the existing ones. You won’t be able to use them in new Tasks either.
[/quote].

Which is wrong - they do NOT remain and misses out the crucial word ‘hidden’ So, because I don’t want to pay over the odds for Custom fields I have now lost access to my data. I can understand disabling the feature so it can’t be edited or used in new projects or tasks but hiding what is already there - Come on Asana!!!

3 Likes