Don’t auto-follow every task that I create

Hi, I create several tasks and subtasks for my team every day members. Most of that tasks I don’t need to be involved. I then need to remove myself as a collaborator from every task and subtask step by step. I wish there was a way that I won’t be a collaborator to the tasks that I create for others …?

6 Likes

There’s no way to not make yourself a collaborator of a task you create by default. However if you want to bulk “unfollow” tasks, then you can do that by just selecting multiple tasks or using advanced search to find all the tasks you are following.

One thing I’ve been struggling with in Asana is that fact that when I create a task in our board (which is a part of my job), I automatically become the collaborator for that task and the subtasks within it, causing my inbox to be flooded with notifications of people commenting and updating the task. It seems like the only way to solve this is going through each task and subtask and taking myself out manually which just takes so much time.

If there’s a really simple way to solve this that I just don’t know of please let me know! However, this post is for feedback purposes and I’m not looking for solutions that make things even more complicated (i.e, a suggestion that another post had was to make a separate account for doing this which just seems a bit much and would cause more issues than just leaving my inbox cluttered).

I hope this helps with thinking of ideas to improve Asana! Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, @anon95972376! We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback!

As a workaround, you can set up a rule in your projects that automatically removes yourself as collaborator of all new tasks added to the project (however, this rule would apply to all tasks).

1 Like

@Emily_Roman,

Would it not be possible to click the + button to add a second trigger – Assigned to me – to make the rule more specific for @anon95972376’s use case?

But neither solution would work for subtasks, though, I think, since they are not covered by the rule because the are not technically tasks in the project.

Thanks,

Larry

maybe this is a dead issue, but this would be very helpful for those of us who are tasked with both, doing the work and creating the tasks for everyone else.

2 Likes

THANK YOU!!! Been driving me nuts to have it add me as a collaborator for EVERY task I create since I’m populating the system for our entire staff.