Does the Import CSV feature has a limit of tasks?

Hello. I’m trying to import my project based on CSV estructure of tasks and substasks. I have no problem when my project doesn’t have more than about 200 entries, but longer than it I receive a message saying Asana is importing the number of tasks, but nothing happens… If I split the csv file, the first part is imported right, but the second and third doesn´t follow the task-subtask structure, and create the subtask field as a customized field, and trying to select the usage of the field, by making changes at import column, the option is unselectable.

I´m about to import a project with more than 700 tasks and subtasks… how could I do it?

Hi @Andres_Julian_Borbon and welcome to the forum!

There’s no specific hard limit to the importer.

If you’re using Excel, one thing to try is to save your CSV file as “Comma Separated Values” rather than the default “CSV UTF-8” format; see this thread:

If that doesn’t help, it’s probably best to submit a support ticket; see:

1 Like

My org is having that same problem. Is there as to be a better way. Once the initial set up is completed we won’t be needing to import this many tasks but since we are new to asana, the ability to import more than 200 tasks is very much needed. Another important need is the ability to upload with customer field edits on existing tasks.

1 Like

i would support importing edits on existing tasks!!! that would be great

Hi Andres, I was able to isolate one issue I had with a bigger CSV file, and it was simply, that some tasks had identical names, which caused the import to fail. Choosing different CSV separators or removing special characters didnt make a difference.