Do repeating tasks carryover description and comments?

Is it possible to create a recurring task that brings the description or comments with it when it repeats?

If you’d like to carry over comments I suggest that you create a parent task with repeating subtasks. That way you can always refer back to all the information in the parent task and the subtasks just repeat within it.

2 Likes

Okay, I tested this out a bit. Task descriptions do carry over but comments get deleted. Adding the comments into subtasks isn’t ideal but maybe using the subtasks in-place of commenting can work.

Hello. I am new to Asana and was looking for the same feature.
Does this mean I would create Task 1 (Repeating) and add my comments as sub tasks. OR

Would I add Task 1 and have all of my Sub Tasks Repeating?

How to carry over comments when completing repeating tasks?

Hi @Adrian_Chan and welcome to the Forum!

Unfortunately, as it stands comments won’t carry over with repeating tasks; but here is how you achieve a similar result:

Create a task in which you add your description + comments, and add a subtask to this task that you set to repeat. A new subtask will be generated every time you complete the previous one, but all your comments and description will be kept safe in the parent task.

I understand this is not ideal, but it might be a good solution for the time being.

We already have a thread in the Forum on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this main topic. I’ve also moved the thread to the #productfeedback category to allow you and other users to vote for this feature.

If tehre is anything else I can help you with, please let me know!

2 Likes

I think this should be added as a regular feature. I set several tasks to recur weekly and/or monthly and I make notes on the work I did for that period. It would be helpful to keep those notes so I could refer to past updates/notes.

2 Likes

Would love to not lose comments associated with a recurring task once task is completed and reset.