Description disappears when switching between apps on andoird

Earlier today I was writing a description for a new Asana task and briefly switched back to another app to copy+paste some info back across to the description. When I got back to the Asana app, the description that I had written, but not yet saved, had disappeared.

It’s fine if you “ok” the task description and THEN switch to another app. This only happens if you switch while still composing.

Not sure if this is an android-specific problem or wider spread. My phone is a Galaxy S9 running Android Version 9 Asana Version 6.21.2

Hey @DaveJMason, I am sorry to hear that you are running into an issue here and I would be happy to look into this with you!

We have tested this on an Android phone with the Asana version 6.21.2 installed and were not able to reproduce this when creating a new Task through the My Tasks.

In order to investigate this further could you please try to reproduce the issue again and provide me with the exact steps you are taking as well as if you are creating the new Task in your My Tasks or a Project?

I am looking forward to your answer!

1 Like

Well would you believe it, I just tested it and it’s working fine for me now as well! :flushed:

I have no idea what’s changed or why it’s working now but I promise I’m not crazy, my mother had me tested.

This wasn’t an isolated incident though. It happened about 3 times. Perhaps my phone was playing up rather than the app. I’ll keep an eye out and see if I can replicate it.

1 Like

Thanks so much for checking this again and for following up with me, I am glad to hear that this issue has been resolved (for now)!

If this does happen again please do not hesitate to get back to me on this thread @DaveJMason, I will mark it resolved for now.