Android App Does Nor Sync with Desktop

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: Android App does not sync to the desktop. Other users can not see work done if not done from laptop

Steps to reproduce: Login and out of both desktop and app versions. No sync. Tasks deleted from app version when signed back in, disappointing.

Browser version: Logged in and out, no sync

Upload screenshots below: None. This seems to be a common occurrence with Android. Will this be resolved today?

Hi @Dana_Mitchell1 I posted about this here and they moved it to resolved. I don’t know why they would move it to resolved if users are reporting this. I haven’t yet contacted support so I’ll follow up when I can.

Android: Sync is one sided - #9 by Emily_Roman

Yea this is super annoying. I have sent two tickets to tech support to no avail. I saw that it was closed on your end too. It really needs to be resolved unless it’s just not for android users. IF that is the case then this is not the right platform for our team. If I don’t receive a response I will have to discontinue it immediately. Which sucks because we have over 15 people using it. However, what’s the point if people post things from their phones and no one on the team receives it because it does not sync. Neither do we want to be tethered to our laptops for fear that’s the only way to post. What a waste!

1 Like

I agree. We currently have a premium version of Asana already and I had been looking for the best task management platform for our current use and came back to Asana. But with this issue and marking it resolved prematurely puts a sour taste in my mouth.

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I am having the same problem as described in the ‘one-sided sync’ bug report. That report was marked as resolved, when clearly it is not. This is a bit disappointing, as I JUST began using Asana TODAY! I’m about a hairs breadth away from dropping pursuit of Asana given how it’s unfolded so far, and given that bugs appear common and/or are not taken seriously.

Steps to reproduce:
Add a new task in the Android mobile app. Go to Chrome version and see that the new task has not synced. Chrome updates do sync to the app.

Browser version:
Chrome Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Hi all, thanks for reporting this issue and I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

As @arod412 mentioned, we’ve receive similar reports. In order to investigate this further, we’ll need help from our support team (they have access to more tools than we do in the Forum). @Dana_Mitchell1 and @Tyler_Keniston, I’ve liaised with our support team and can confirm they have received your requests and will be in touch soon. So sorry for the delay in responding!

@arod412 when you contact support do not hesitate to let me know by DM and I’ll make sure to check internally as well!

If you can, let us know what solution you’ve found with the help of our support team. Again, so sorry for the trouble, and thank you so much for your patience!

1 Like

Hi Emily

Thanks for your response, it’s greatly appreciated. Listen, someone did reach out and I sent them screenshots of the issue and the type of phone I have (Note 9). The suggestion given was to uninstall and reinstall the app, I will keep you posted on if this is an effective measure.

Thanks,
-Dana

1 Like

I tried what @Dana_Mitchell1 suggested from support already and this did not work.

Support informed me they updated the app (to version 6.45.6). The update did fix this problem! Thank you support team.

Update the app and it should work now.

1 Like

Thanks so much for sharing this information here @Tyler_Keniston! :slight_smile:

I just deleted and reinstalled. It is still showing App version 6.45.5 (6450500) for Android Note 9 Play store. What’s the resolution? Also, it deleted my tasks I inputted from my phone and reset the tasks to reflect tasks from my desktop version. Basically it deleted what was on my phone and replaced it with what was on the desktop. A days worth of work disappeared. Please assist.

I also did what you did (deleted app and reinstalled). Oddly enough that doesn’t update it. With the app installed, go into Playstore and click the ‘update’ button. That should do it (did for me).

1 Like

Success! This works. Thanks again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.