Dependent tasks - show still waiting or ready to start

I’m brand new to Asana and trying to see if it could work for my team. We work on complex projects with a lot of dependencies. I’ve created an example project and added dependencies between the tasks. However I can’t tell when looking at My Tasks or any of the project views which tasks are ready to be done and which are dependent on something not yet completed. From googling I see this might be possible with Rules for Business users, but Premium is all we can afford. Is there a way to do this as a Premium user?

Hi @Holly_Koogler, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

When you mark a task as dependent on another. You’ll see a yellow banner at the top of your task to let you know that it’s not ready to start yet.

Once your task is ready to start, you’ll receive a notification in your Inbox that you’re ready to get started. If the due date gets changed on the first task, you’ll receive a notification so you can update the due date for your dependent task accordingly.

As it stands, it’s currently not possible to see if a task is dependent on another or if the task is ready to be done from your My Tasks list. You can click on the tasks to see more details and confirm if their status.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi @Holly_Koogler,
This might have become recently, but I can see that you can see the blocked/ready status in My Tasks too :slight_smile:

In the screenshot, tasks C and D are waiting for other tasks, but tasks A and B can be started.