Delete of multiple projects together?

Is it possible to delete multiple projects together? (e.g. select them and directly delete) We have over 200+ projects which should be deleted and would really make it easier than doing it one by one.

5 Likes

Hi @Niklas3, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

As it stands, it is currently possible to delete a project individually. As a workaround, if the projects are all part of one team, you can delete the team as it automatically deletes all the projects in the team. If you don’t want to delete some projects in your team you can move them to another team.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

You could also have someone (like me) build a script to do so, based on some rule to identify which projects to delete.

PS: in 99% of cases, archiving a project is better as you don’t lose anything

1 Like

Hi Emily,

I am also trying to delete multiple projects that were created during an automation test from another integration. It seems counter-intuitive that there isn’t an easy way to delete multiple projects.

Also, unless I am doing something wrong there seems to be no way to drag a project between teams in the sidebar, which renders this slightly quicker method void.

Thanks for any help.

3 Likes

Is there a way to bulk move projects to another team?

Hey @anon88500582, currently this is not possible but have a look at this post where Rebecca shared a workaround: Move Multiple Projects to a Different Team, New Portfolio (Bulk Move) - #2 by Rebecca_McGrath

@Andrea_Mayer the workaround in that post is already mentioned here, move them to another team. There doesn’t appear to be a way to bulk move projects though. :confused:

While I love Asana, I am starting to feel it’s not really an enterprise-grade tool or at least not designed to work flexibly with the demands of ops teams :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.