Default layout saves open lists of sub-tasks

Always keep subtasks shown

Hello @Eric_Brownlee,

can you please elaborate? What exactly do you mean by keeping subtasks shown? Is it in a special view or do you refer to having them displayed in list view by default? If the last one is the case then here is an existing feedback request.

1 Like

+1 vote. It’s really important feature. Using subtask without possibility of showing them on the list is useless. This is very frustrating.

This is useless to you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, for me and our poit of view. The need is mostly subjective.

1 Like

Does anyone know if this new update allows the user to do this (namely, save view with subtasks visible)?

Sorry, @B_Dorsey, the new update doesn’t offer that.

Larry

:sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

can we get this “view all subtasks” as default view added? looks like its 3 years since this post and the function hasn’t been added?

4 Likes

Hello! Following up on this feature request, is this in the pipeline?

Asana doesn’t share its roadmap, sorry.

What about now?? Does the new Gantt View allow you to save a view with subtasks visible?

Looks like it does, just tested

You’re right, I just got the update! Works great.

Although, having the option to save view with subtasks open in List view is still much needed!

5 Likes

Please add this feature to list view

1 Like

Hi team,

There has been a lot of conversation within this forum and online about being able to “show all subtasks” as open or to set the subtasks open by default when using the ‘Board’ view.

How is this feature request progressing?

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Jack_Simkins :wave:

I have merged your post into an existing feedback request thread. Don’t forget to leave your vote there.

Asana does not have a public roadmap so we won’t be able to tell if this is something they might implement or not.

Adding my +1 that this is a feature I’d love to see.

1 Like

Can I add +2 for this feature? to make the progress faster

1 Like

This would definitely be useful on our team! Several people in our organization are looking for a way to keep all subtasks open without manually opening each set.