Default layout saves open lists of sub-tasks

My team uses the list view of all tasks (completed and incomplete) as the default layout, but the system doesn’t remember how we have tasks and listed sub-tasks open or collapsed. Is it possible to have “save layout as default” remember which groups are open and which are collapsed?

53 Likes

Hey guys, is it possible to always show the additional fields by default? As of now, whenever I open this subtask, by default the ‘Source’ and ‘Status’ details are hidden. Thanks!

11 Likes

Hi @anon19689428 :wave:t3:

At the moment, it is not possible to save this view as default so subtasks remain unfolded; so hopefully this is something we can improve in the future! In the meantime, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

11 Likes

In board or list view, I like to be able to see all of my subtasks. (1) At the moment, the only way to display all subtasks is to is to click each task one at a time to expand it to show subtasks. There should be a “display all subtasks” button. (2) Each time the page refreshes all the subtasks collapse and I have to start all over again, clicking each tasks to expand it and show its subtasks. Having to do this each time the page refreshes is very annoying and time consuming. There should be a display setting where tasks are always expanded to show subtasks by default.

Many thanks.

12 Likes

Hi,

I believe there is an existing thread on the topic, @Emily_Roman will help redirect you!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Harrison_Niznick! I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with Default layout saves open lists of sub-tasks to centralize feedback.

Thanks @Bastien_Siebman! :star:

3 Likes

Hi Bastien,

Thanks for pointing that out and flagging to Emily! I tried to search for similar threads before posting but I didn’t think there was one.

Best,
Harrison

1 Like

I’d like to see a toggle for the board view to be able to set the default layout to show the list of sub-tasks

6 Likes

Can’t believe this still isn’t available…

13 Likes

I’d love to have the ability to save the layout with all triangles open, not just the sections.

See attached.

16 Likes

Hi @anon66307303, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! :wave:t2:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback! We do have an existing thread for this feature request so I’ve gone ahead and merged your request with that one to keep all feedback consolidated. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can someone please provide an update on this issue? There are 100s of upvotes for this feature request in other threads. For example: Ability to expand/contract all subtasks in task list at once - #66 by Donald_Jackson

9 Likes

Not being able to see all of my subtasks as a default is my least favorite part about Asana. I have completely stopped using subtasks because they create more confusion when they cannot be seen with everything else. Completely ridiculous.

17 Likes

Is there really still no solution for this? seems like the longest feature request ever

4 Likes

This would be extremely helpful for our team as well. In addition to having to the default view save with subtasks open, it would also be valuable to have a button that would automatically expand all subtasks at once. In some of our larger projects it is tedious to open every single subtask, so this would really improve the way my team works.

4 Likes

PLEASE do this. I am at the point where I may stop using subtasks all together because I really need to see everything at once. There are many things I wish Asana would do but this is my number 1.

5 Likes

PLEASEEE add this feature. This very well may be a reason that I move my business division plan away from Asana to another carrier, its creating extra work for my team by having to constantly click individually to see if tasks have subtasks that are even relevant to each other.

4 Likes

Just want to add my voice - this would really improve the utility of subtasks.

3 Likes

AMEN! An expand all or collapse all style + or - box like you have in Excel with the row grouping function would be hugely helpful.

1 Like

In addition to needing the expand all subtask button (and subtask’s subtasks), it would be really nice to expand subtasks EVEN if the list view is sorted.

1 Like