Dashboard graph for more than a few sections - expandable?1

@Emily_Roman It looks like I cannot reply to my original post of this name – perhaps it was closed because of the Dashboard upgrade? The upgrade is great; however, it hasn’t fixed my problem, which is, if there are “too many” of a category, the chart will not display everything, and will not let me choose which of the items in my category are displayed.
In the chart attached, I have many sections that are not displayed on the chart (indicated by the “+39 more”).
If I click the “+39 more” I just get taken to a search, but of course searches can’t summarize the way the chart does.
I have tried filtering this chart by section to at least trim it down (there are some I don’t want to see), but
a) the filtering doesn’t appear to work in this case, you can see from the picture that the first 3 items on the X axis are unchecked in my filter
b) even if that filtering works, it still appears there is a limit to how many items I can have on this X axis, and it’s fairly low. I guess I would just need to make many charts, each with several sections selected?

Hi @Katie_Kendle, this is currently an expected behaviour and something we’re hoping to improve in the future. @Emily_Roman and I will make sure to keep you posted here as soon as we have an update!

3 posts were split to a new topic: Fitering issue with custom project chart

6 posts were split to a new topic: Project dashboard custom charts - filter out sections entirely instead of just tasks within sections

HI @Katie_Kendle :wave:t3:

Just a quick note to let you know this should now be fixed! :tada:

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.