Dashboard Chart Sum not Working (Zero Sum)

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I’ve created a chart to sum a custom field, but this sum is never updated even after updating this value in the tasks

Steps to reproduce:

• Create a project using “Sprint Planning” template
  • Create a new task in “Backlog” lane
  • Write “5” in “Cost” field for the new task
  • Go to Dashboard, check the “Cost” chart, it will still display 10, when it should display 15

Browser version:
Mac app 1.5.1

Upload screenshots below:

I believe (but not sure) sometimes it takes a few minutes to re-compute, did you check a while later?

1 Like

Yes, it has been more than 24 hours and it’s still showing 10 instead of 15.

When creating a report by extracting projects from a team, it shows wrong amount of "on track " projects.

Steps to reproduce: add chart, project by status, selected team, create.

Browser version:

Upload screenshots below:

strong text

Hi @Altea_Serbini, thanks for flagging this.

We have received other reports of this and our Product team are currently looking into a fix. I’ll keep you updated and let you know once this is resolved :slight_smile:

When adding a Donut Graph, group by a custom field it doesn’t count any of the tasks that have values in the field

The results

The field is a custom, single select with 5 values: P0-P1-P2-P3-P4

Steps to reproduce:
Create a custom field, follow the same config: Chart style Donut, Group Bug Priority, Measure Count

Browser version:
Asana Client Version 1.5.1 (1.5.1)

Hi @anon6355331, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

I haven’t been able to reproduce this on my end. Could you please confirm that there are definitely tasks that have the custom field value filled in, but they are still not showing on the chart?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

This is a donut that is working.

if I change the Group to Priority

one more detail: all types of charts have the same issue

My project is updated with completed tasks, due dates, custom fields, etc. My board, calendar, list views are all good. But my dashboard shows zeros in all charts. What could be happening?

I had this problem as well, I learned that the feature that copies over the dashboard has been turned off temporarily.

In my case, the dashboard is not working at all. Independent of templates - just in a regular project created from scratch all numbers are zero.

Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to report this issue!

Our Product Team has confirmed this issue should be resolved and your charts should load now. Apologies for any inconvenience, let us know if you have any other questions or if the issue persists!

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.