Customers View into Submitted Forms

Hello Asana Community:

I have posted in the past regarding a ticketing system within Asana utilizing Rules and Forms. My engineering team brought to my attention that the current ticketing system they use allows a customer that submitted a ticket to be able to track and view the progress in real time.

I understand there is a way to send a link to a project for a customer to view, but it would be nice if there was a way to connect the ticketing form to a task and the customer only be able to view the task and not the whole project.

This way, my engineering team can keep all tickets in one project for all customers, but the customers can view their one submitted ticket and track their ticket progress only.

1 Like

Hi @Mike_Tammaro, thanks for providing this feedback!

To achieve this, you can make the project private and add the user in question to the task created by the form submission only. This way, they can only see this task and none of the rest in the project.

It would be easier if the user could be added to the task automatically, but this isn’t possible just yet. So, I suggest upvoting this feedback request which asks for Form submitters to automatically be added as Collaborators on the Form submission task: Automatically Adding Task Collaborators via Asana Forms

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Rebecca_McGrath,

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the help!

@Mike_Tammaro Just FYI, this capability is available with Flowsana. :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.