Custom Fields in Boards

Yes, but the custom fields do not appear on the preview card.

Hi Tenia,

It’s not custom fields. It’s custom tags, which will show up on the cards
in board view.

Any updates on when this will be available?
Need to use custom tags or custom fields for dashboard reporting.

I see in the Asana how to video and guide examples that custom fields are added to the tasks preview card, but I don’t see that is possible when I’m adding tasks in the board view. Please help - this is will be very helpful.

1 Like

Hi @Tenia

There isn’t currently a way to see custom fields on the card overviews in Board view.
This is on our roadmap, though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, I saw it in the how to video, when is ETA? Will I be notified?

1 Like

I was just adding the same request when this popped up! I’m glad to see it’s on the roadmap. Because users can define custom fields, adding their visibility to the kanban board preview cards means users can choose the most critical information to display on the cards, and help them organize / prioritize the tasks on the board.

Thanks!

1 Like

Any update here? 100% agree with this. It feels like the board layout isn’t getting much love as of lately :confused:

Hello all! Call out to @Carlo, @Noel_Howell1, @Michael_Bungartz, @Dave_Boucher, @Sean_Sullivan, @Jeremy_Higgins, @stuartbrameld, @Vitaliy, @Gabor_Szalai, @Mike_Zhu, @Asaf_Inger, @Nicolas3, @uwe, @Gabor_Szalai, @Shane_McCallum, @Babak_K, @Philippe_Cote, @Michael_W_Kelly, @Nate_Nordstrom, @Matt_Tew, @Matti, @Ronald_Hindriks, @Jamie_Buck-Tomek, @Vijay_Chinnaraj, @Tenia, @Kimberly_Bogden.

Asana now offers custom fields in Boards!

Specifically, you now have the ability to use these premium features on Boards:

• Custom fields: Boards make Asana an easy and intuitive way to visually organize a team’s work. Now that you can see custom fields on your Boards project, you can keep important information front and center, quickly scan a project to find what you need, and make sure work never falls through the cracks.
  • Comment-only: By making Boards comment-only, you can lock them down from unwanted edits, but still share important information with your entire company.

How to add custom fields to Boards

• Click the project header dropdown
  • Select Manage Custom Fields
  • Add fields to the project such as priority, stage, or cost

How to make your project comment only

• Click the + in the top right corner of your project (where you add more members)
  • Choose the access setting for the project at the team level, as well as the access setting for each project member.

For more information take a look at this blog post!

4 Likes

Using it and loving it thanks

1 Like

Are there any extra steps to get the custom fields to show on the cards as depicted in the linked blog post? I have added custom fields to our Board project, however they do not show on the cards. Am I missing something?

Nevermind. They started showing up today.

1 Like