Custom field links

The same goes for a link in the description of a task. Very annoying.

1 Like

Hi @Chris_DiPillo and @Bastien_Siebman

This is also the case on the Web version, and we actually already have a #productfeedback on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with Custom field links to avoid having duplicates! I’ll keep you posted as soon as I have an update on this topic!

1 Like

Would be nice to be able to specify URL as a custom field type. Right now, if you use a text field and show it on a board view, the card has a little “http://” on it, which isn’t descriptive enough if you want to show multiple URL-containing text fields on a task. A URL field type would allow a name to be given to the URL, so that that for example: If you had a field for a JIRA link and one for HelpDesk link, the task card could show two clickable inks “JIRA” and “HelpDesk” instead of just “Http://” and “Http://”.

HI @MichaelHill and welcome to the Forum!:wave:

We already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread.

I hope that’s ok! Have a great Friday!:grinning:

Can you guys add an ability to add link custom fields. It only accepts text right now.

That would be great, especially with an option to use clear (human friendly) text along with a link. So instead of just displaying “https://whatever.com/0/112631/yadayada/crazylongURL/stillnotdonewiththis75%%#$/anditgoeson.html”, be able to enter that URL and also “And It Goes On” as my clear text.

1 Like

Hi @John_Dulay and @Stephanie_Oberg and thank you so much for your feedback!

I just want to let you know that we already have a thread with this request so I have gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback on this topic. I hope that’s OK.

Have a great Friday! :wave:

Hi everybody!

I’m closing this thread since you can now Track url’s links using Custom Fields :raised_hands:
For those interested in this feature, you can read more about it in this Guide article: How to Create and Use Custom Fields in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

Have a great week! :slight_smile: