Creating templates to share outside your organization

Is it possible to create a templated board in Asana, then share with people outside your organization?

For example, we have an onboarding template we use internally that we’d like to share with clients. Can we do that without adding them to OUR instance of Asana?

3 Likes

Hi @showard and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:

Unfortunately as it stands, Asana templates can’t be shared with people outside of your Organization. @Bastien_Siebman, is this something Templana can help with?

2 Likes

Thanks @Marie as a matter of fact it is, I have a feature called “private sections” where @showard could host her templates in a password-protected area she can share with clients!

4 Likes

Fantastic! Thank you so much for the quick answer :slight_smile:

Hi there, I came across this feed when I was searching how to share my templates with my clients. How do I figure out how to create my own “private sections” where I can host the templates I want to share with my clients? Are they able to be password-protected too? For instance, I want to put the template in my course, so they can download it and import it into Asana for their use…

Only Templana.com can do that, you can reach out to me privately for details.

@Bastien_Siebman how can we contact you privately about custom templates? Thanks!

I am working with a client that is a national member organization in the USA. They would like to become a clearinghouse for their member organizations to be able to create and share Asana Templates. Are you able to provide a tutorial for me to create “private sections” to host these Templates? Thank you, Jim

@Jim_Sapienza yes! I’ll reach out privately.

How can I get in touch with you to discover more about templana?

You can email me contact@templana.com

@Marie Checking in to see if Asana has updated this functionality yet? The ability to create a template and share with others outside the organization. Thanks!

3 Likes

I too would like to be able to share templates outside of my organization.
Thanks

Is it possible to create a templated board in Asana, then share with people outside your organization?

@Lady_Lee_Puro it is currently not possible to do so. The only solutions are a CSV export or Templana.com

1 Like