Create Subtask Button At Top and Bottom of List.

Creating subtasks is difficult because completed subtasks don’t seem to hide; or we need them visible.

You end up with a long list, where completed are toward the bottom (and partially hidden… ugh) and new unfinished subtasks on the top of the list. You also must sort the unfinished subtasks to the top of the list manually.

Then to create a new subtask you have to click on a task near the top of the list (or it will create a new subtask at the hidden bottom of the list), then scroll to the bottom of the list and hit the new substask button, then don’t scroll to the top of the list, start typing right away or it deletes your new subtask and you have to do it all again.

There must be use cases where people want that at the bottom. Whatever happens when you try to make a new subtask but don’t start typing right away and it vanishes makes is difficult and seems like the new subtask button should be at the top of the list or both.

1 Like

Hi @Mark_Howson, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback :slight_smile:

While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for a great suggestion @Mark_Howson. I added my vote.
My current way to handle this is to use the TAB+S shortcut to add subtasks. Hope it helps.

1 Like

Thanks.

I think my gripe, remains the constant attempt for the software to hide everything.
This is just a use case that highlights that.
There is no use case where creating a new subtask in the hidden end of a list is an intentional feature.
That’s just an error with the design of whatever computer code lays out the web interface.
Someone has applied a blanket solution to both hiding information and to creating new line items and the solutions clash.

2 Likes