We have a project comprised of a number of repeating tasks to coordinate routine maintenance at our organization. Each task has a link/attachment to the associated procedure (typically a google doc), and repeat based on necessary frequency. However, we have a number of tasks that do not have a fixed frequency, but would be initiated by completion of another scheduled task (e.g: check inventory, see inventory is low, create task to refill inventory). These “on-demand” tasks would also need to link to a specific procedure (or may want to have other fields populated). We are currently using Asana Premium. Here are some ideas I have had so far and why they have not worked:
- Create follow up task: first obvious solution, but does not easily allow for procedure to be included (without manually first finding the procedure and adding the link)
- Task Templates: great way to make the task you want, but it is difficult to “get to”; we use calendar view by default, and there is no way to add a task template from that view, so you have to switch to list view first; also does not appear to be accessible on mobile
- Form submission: with only one form per project, my idea would be to add a dropdown menu to select which task needs to be completed; however, the only way I have found to include a hyperlink is to physically paste the link in the dropdown item text, which results in a long, “ugly” response
- Add a link to “create a task”: based on my reading in the guide/forum, this appears to be impossible
- Add a link to a “placeholder” task and duplicate it: a lot of steps and easy to mess up
Any feedback or suggestions?