"Couldn't reach Asana" with every action on Android

First post, but I love Asana… however, the mobile app errors whenever I do common actions, like attempt to create a ticket. These server related actions will report “Couldn’t reach Asana” or shows a never-ending loading animation at the top.

Having no other issues with other apps. Asana App is the latest version from the Google Play Store. I’ve attempted uninstalling and reinstalling, etc.

Device OnePlus6T
Android Version 10
OxygenOS version 10.3.2

Welcome to the Forum @Craig_Jones1 and thank you for reaching out! :wave:t5:

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue! In order to better understand what might be happening can you please test this while using Wifi and while using your mobile network to see if you continue to experience this issue?

If yes, can you please share a screenshot of the error you are getting?

Thank you @Craig_Jones1! Looking forward to your reply!

I think you are correct in your assessment. My WiFi network seems to have issues with everything whereas on LTE things are working.

I have never had a similar issue with any other app. Is this a known problem or is there any workaround? I’m on WiFi practically all day.

Did you ever get any follow-up or figure out a decent workaround? Here’s a story request I recently sent to Asana:
From the beginning, I have not been able to use the Android App very successfully. The things I add to the App don’t often appear on the web interface. I am evaluating a trial for my personal use, but if it goes well, I’d also like to recommend the software to my boss for our company. Often, when I’m updating the app, I get a message that indicates I “can’t do that offline,” and I’m online and connected. Also getting a message in the app, “could not connect to Asana.” I may be paraphrasing because neither of these pop-ups, only in the Asana app, stays up long enough to screenshot. It doesn’t matter if I use wi-fi or data connection, 5G or 4G LTE. I’ve been through the support information on the website, force-stopped the app, and cleared the cache, but it is still spotty at best. I’m hoping I’ve overlooked a setting. Please help me overcome these issues; they are the only thing in the way of recommending the software to others, including my boss for our company. Also, I am getting the things I add in the desktop-web interface in the app, but not the other way around. And no, I don’t use Data Saver on this phone and am often well under my Unlimited cap for my data service. Any thoughts? Here are some specs:
App version 7.85.10 (78510000)
Android 14
The phone is a Pixel 4a 5G
What do you think?

Update: I could finally time it and get a screenshot with the app with the “Couldn’t reach Asana” message; it was easy because it popped up every pull-to-refresh. See attached. The blue is redacted information for my privacy, and the yellow draws your attention to “Couldn’t reach Asana.”

Update: Also:

• Background data is turned on
  • Unrestricted data usage (when Data Saver is on) is turned off
  • Pause app activity if unused is off

I was looking for an account sync setting (similar to Google sync per feature) to see if something was off.