Copying text in comments has strange formatting

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When I try to copy a comment on a task it is a rich copy and includes strange margins and the dropdown arrow. Instead I want to be able to select all the text by double clicking and copy just the plaintext without formatting.

Steps to reproduce:

Create a task
Comment on the task
Double click the text to select
Copy the text
Paste the text into an editor that accepts rich text formatting (ie, not sublime)

Browser version:
Version 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:
Text I want to copy just says “test example”
Output after a simple copy:

Here I’m pasting into Apple Mail

Hi @Benjamin_Cohen :wave:t3:

I just tried to reproduce this in my end (using Mail, just like you did in your example) and was able to paste the comment in Mail without the margin or the dropdown menu you’re seeing.

To help us investigate this further, could you answer these couple of questions?

• Is this happening with any comment you’re pasting?
  • Could you try pasting your Comment in Word or Google Docs? Are you observing the same behavior?

Looking forward to your reply!

I haven´t MacOS, but I think that understanded your problem. Try this:

How to Paste Just the Text ( Without Formatting ) in macOS Mail

1. Copy the text that you want to paste to another place in the email message.
  2. Put the cursor where you want to paste the text.
  3. Press Command-Option-Shift-V. Or, select Edit > Paste and Match Style from the menu.

Hi @Benjamin_Cohen :wave:

We haven’t heard from you in a while. Just checking if you are still running into issues or if this has been fixed? Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

1 Like

Hi @Benjamin_Cohen:grinning:

I’m closing this bug since we haven’t heard from you in the last four weeks. But please, don’t hesitate to reach out if you need further help with this issue!

Have a great Thursday!