Copying/duplicating project instead of being moved

Hi…I created a project in Team A…decided it needed to be in Team B…so I went into “Edit Project Details” and it shows you the Team it’s in with a drop down to select another team…so I select Team B.

However, it copied it, instead of moved it…and if I delete it out of Team A it also deletes it out of Team B…so I can’t get rid of the duplicate and now I have the same project in two teams. Other users here are having the same issue.

Please advise how to move without duplicating because I can’t figure it out.

1 Like

@Jon_Glendinning - This has been a common confusion with a recent feature change.
Let me explain.

It’s not “copying” it to the 2nd team. It’s sharing it. So, don’t delete it from the first team after “moving” the project. Instead, go to the Share button in the project, and remove the permissions from the 1st team.

If you want to read more about this discussion and the details from the Asana team, you can read more here:

And, if you’d like to vote for improvements to the process of moving a project to another team, please vote here:

2 Likes

That worked…thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.