Convert Section to Task

Hi @Chris_Devine,

Thanks for the interest here! We do not have updates for this request. Sorry for that.

In case this functionality is added, it will be announced in the Community Forum in the #community-forum-announcements category and I’ll do my best to update this thread as well :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Also would like this ability to convert section to task and vise versa.

+1

+1

+1

+1

If you are using Google Chrome, please try my Asana Navigator: Unofficial efficiency browser extension to enhance navigation for Asana tasks.

I implemented a feature to convert task to section and vice versa, with Tab+: keyboard shortcut (Shift+Tab+: on Japanese keyboard layout). Technically, it creates a copy and deletes the original task/section.

2 Likes

We have a customer who always puts in Zendesk Support tickets using a colon after he types his email subject. Every time. These get routed to Asana using Zapier. Now all theses tickets are Sections and there is no way to make them tasks! Taking away the ability to go from section to task is terrible. If there is a workaround, I’d like to hear it.

4 Likes

+1
for the ability to convert sections to tasks and tasks to sections

2 Likes

Another vote +1. Please add this functionality back. I’m all for updates to Asana, but don’t remove useful functionality in the process!

3 Likes

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1 - I created a section with a lot information and made comments to team and need to turn the mistaken Section into a Task - please add this back!

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1 !

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1 would love to have this feature!

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1