Convert a task into a section

Yes I often do this

2 Likes

Why? This was such a smart and quick feature. Especially when copying subtasks from one task to another. Not all projects can be templatized.

I agree!

Do you know there are task templates now?

2 seconds? Hmmm…you must know some tricks I don’t. :slight_smile: This is going to take 15 mins. Minimum.

Please bring this feature back! I migrated a board from Trello only to have to manually redo all tasks into sections and sub tasks to tasks.

Please bring this back. I am importing projects from Connectwise manage which is all within sections. Simple feature IMO.

Bring it back!

I was about to go back to using Asana after a few years. Realising that this feature is gone, just minutes back in, I’ll move to another project management solution for now.

2 Likes

Adding my name to the list of ‘bring this back, please.’ I created a section that isn’t working for me any longer and would like to ‘up-level’ the tasks easily and quickly.

+1 from me! I have to copy/paste software release note on the reg, so I can test each item and I neeeeed to be able to quickly convert some tasks to sections to keep it all straight.

Project, Section, Task, and Subtask all represent outline levels. Not having the easy ability to change levels means that the schedule planning process, which inevitably involves many outline level changes, cannot be done in Asana. I use MS Project and import, then “hope” I never need to make significant changes. Not a great strategy for anything but the most modestly sized projects.

I agree. That being said, the only “missing” change is task to section.

Or anything “easy”.

What do you mean?

Moving tasks between levels in Asana is a multi-step process. It shouldn’t be. Anyone familiar MS Project would understand. As I said, when planning a project, moving tasks up and down the outline tree is a common part of the process of organizing work. In Project, this is a very simple process. The process should be easier in Asana.

Would also like this feature! We have layers and layers of subtasks and comments that we don’t want to lose but we need to convert some tasks to sections. It will take HOURS to copy and paste everything. We can already move things “down a level,” why not up?

You’ve got to be kidding!!! BRING THIS BACK!!! Why would you remove this functionality… just crazy!! BRING THIS BACK!!!

1 Like

OMG! Can Asana bring this back!!

I have hundreds of tasks and CSV just combined sections to tasks!! I need to convert tasks into a section!!

I have died while waiting for Asana to bring back this BASIC functionality. Like others have said, not having the ability to easily change items to/from Sections, Tasks, and Subtasks is absurd.

Between this and several other “improvements” made over the years, they have really turned Asana into a turd.

:rofl: I love my turd :hugs:

1 Like