Column's value reflected by number of dependencies or subtasks complete

Is there a way to create a custom column or have a project’s column value reflect its dependencies.

use case:
I have a percentage complete column and i would like the project level to reflect the average of the dependency tasks and their percentage complete; for example, if i had four dependencies, two were 100% complete, and the other two were not started (0%), the project’s percent complete field would reflect that the project is 50% complete.

another use case, is if i have a project with dependencies. if all the dependencies are “on track” then the project’s status would display “on track.” If one of the dependency’s status changed to off track, the project’s status might change to “at risk” or “off track” depending on what you wanted.

is this possible?

1 Like

+1 to this!

Sub tasks should drive a task completion percentage to enable easy visibility how far a task has progressed.

I dont think its currently possible, even thorugh rules as there is no “trigger” from a sub-task.

Hi @John_Nanavati, thanks for providing this feedback!

This would be an awesome feature! Hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

Hi, any updates on this? It would really be usefuly for us since we do dependencies a lot with tasks.

Note: Not a solution but marked as such to elevate a key reply

Since this thread was created, you can use a project list view’s Hide menu to show a dependencies column (and perhaps widen it), and it will show completed dependencies with a checkmark:

Thanks,

Larry