Color Coded Tasks/Sections

Typically, Asana only replies when there’s new information to impart; that’s because there are over 500k users here and very many threads that would take a major effort to keep updated in such a manner.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Thank you, Larry. Is it accurate to say that Asana has not made any progress on the user requests to have the ability to apply color in different ways as we manage our worlds from the Asana App?

Thank you for reaching out,
Michelle

1 Like

@Michelle_A_Honey,

Can you be more specific?

And from your earlier post:

Are you aware of this:

And the ability to set task colors in some views (e. g., Calendar) by either the project color or a custom field color:

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry, thank you for hanging in with me.

When you ask if I can be more specific, I’m not sure how to answer that but the truth is that I would like to know anywhere that we, the user, has the ability to add color - like highlight the name of a task or sub-task so I can rely on the visual cue when I am checking in over the day and am wondering what I can tackle while I wait to hear back from someone, for example. I use color on my spreadsheets and it makes a world of difference.

I see the ss you included that appears to be a palette that we can open and apply in some situation. From the ss I cannot tell how/where I access it. In your ss it looks like the dropdown is a result of you clicking on the ‘list’ title. When I click there I only see this:
Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 5.23.30 PM.png

So either I am not set up correctly or your ss is not a result of you clicking on the list drop-down. Can you direct me to how I access what you so kindly shared?

Thank again,
Michelle

In any Project (regardless of the view selected) next to the project name (Scratch 11, here) there’s a “v” icon to show the project actions menu. That’s where you’ll find Set color & icon.

I mentioned a few in my last post above. For more, I recommend searching this Forum and also help.asana.com

Here’s one post about color in the Forum that might help:

Thanks,

Larry

Thanks for your explanation. I’ll explore more this week. My boss is away this week and I’m glad to have a bit of extra time to do some electronic cleanup and organization to help me not use my meager cognitive energy at visually searching for things that colors might help me zoom in on without struggle.

Have a good week.
Michelle

1 Like

As a production manager for a 3D animation firm, I manage a lot of projects across my team. I feel like not being able to color code a task is a basic oversight. I make a master board of each artist and the projects they are working on with deadlines. Each project is a task. We need the ability to colorize each task-Green for active project today, yellow for waiting on something, and red for stopped or complete for example. This helps us organize and prioritize at a glance. I’ve seen other threads about color coding tasks from years back and only weird hacks for it. How is this not a feature yet? Seems like a simple, basic feature.

Welcome, @troyan_turner,

I’ve merged your post into an existing thread where you can click the title to scroll to the top and vote by clicking the purple Vote button.

Asana has a rigorous process and takes in all input in determining if and when to implement requests (documented elsewhere in the Forum) and this request hasn’t made the cut yet.

Thanks,

Larry