Advanced search and it color coding

Hi,

There are multiple discussion about color scheme and I have failed to find answer to my question. If you can re direct me, it would be great or you can leave an answer.

I am using advanced search to create report with a custom field. When you view your search in the calendar view you find task color coded with the custom field that I have searched. However for for past couple month after the color scheme change in Asana. The color coding ignore the one that I search and instead code by other custom field I have created.

The tasks I search is from multiple different teams but one in the same team with different project sometimes exhibit this behavior. It seems rather random and from what I can tell all the tasks are using same template, and there isn’t any variable that I can seem to are different from one another.

Thanks

Hi,

I don’t know if that helps, but here’s a complete study of how Asana picks colors 🎨 If Van Gogh used Asana: a study about colors on Asana

Does it help?

1 Like

Hi @Daniel_Cho, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! Just to make sure I understand the issue, when you search by a specific drop-down custom field and you access the Calendar view, you don’t see the tasks color coded with the custom field you are searching. Could you confirm if the tasks are being color coded by the color of the project? :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are color coded by other custom field than one that I selected.

I believe in that case you can refer back to my study, and post a thread in “Product feedback” detailing the behavior you expect.

I’ve read your post about the color which I didn’t think it would apply because I was generating report based on the advanced search of the custom field that I am using. I am not putting them in order to show the color code, but I am actively searching them.
It is weird that it happens to only some of the tasks and not all.

1 Like