Collapse/Summary feature for sections

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Erik_Bower; Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged it with ā€œCollapse/Summary feature for sectionsā€ to gather all feedback on one thread. Feel free to add your vote to ā€œCollapse/Summary feature for sectionsā€.

the Sections are a great feature and can be even better if we were able to collapse the tasks underneath these headers

2 Likes

Rashad - I think this is a terrific idea and have suggested it multiple times to the development team. Hopefully more users will see the benefits and vote for this suggestion on the forum. It would make large projects much more manageable.

7 Likes

Wouldnā€™t it be nice if when we create Section Headers it make the tasks / sub-tasks listed under them collapsible.

5 Likes

So it is not collapsible now yet??I was searching for it.
I thought it is a no-brainer to do it that way. I hope the good and responsive people in Asana hear us!

We need a collapsible Section!!! Thank you!

2 Likes

This is a great idea! Iā€™m going to tag @Alexis to get help get the word out!

That would make a huge difference in product usability indeed.

Yes, make the whole asana hierarchy collapsible organisations> teams> workspaces> projects>tasks>sections>subtasks etcā€¦

The navigation today in asana is not consequent and non intuitive!
Please make it straight forward!

1 Like

Please do it! I need it very badly.

Agreed, found this thread when I thought this feature would be useful! Please add Asana team :slight_smile:

YES, would love this. Seems like it would be easy to implement. Minor request.

I (and many of my team members) have several different overarching responsibilities, and many tasks and milestones that fall beneath each. We would LOVE to have a feature that allows us to collapse the tasks in each section, like how folders on a network operate, so we can concentrate on one section of our tasks at a time and make it easier to see everything weā€™re working on instead of scrolling and scrolling through sections/tasks to get to the one at the bottom. Make sense?

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback @JenBr! The ā€œMy taskā€ sections (Today, Tomorrow and Later) are already collapsible, and I find it extremely handy! Iā€™ll make a note of your feedback to our Product Team for future improvements. Thanks again for sharing your idea with us! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @JenBr

This sounds like a great idea!

To echo what @Marie recommended, this option is already available within the Today/Tomorrow/Later categories in your ā€œMy Tasksā€ section.

I have included a screenshot of the keyboard shortcuts for each category below.

That said, I do think this is a great idea for sections in all our Asana spaces; thanks for sharing your thoughts on this!

I think a useful feature would be to allow sections to be expanded and collapsed as required.

2 Likes

Hello community users!
I am a heavy user of custom fields but even with its amazing functionality, I still use the sections on the project list because it makes my project looks a bit more tidy.
Some of the project have lots of main tasks under them and thus prolonging the view.

What do you think if there is an option where the section has a little arrow next to it and we can expand and collapse the tasks under the section?

3 Likes

It makes sense!
like with subtasks appearing in project list and be collapsible, sections should be collapsible

Yeah, it would be great to have that expand/collapse for SECTION in PROJECT view, not just MY TASK view.

1 Like

yes we need this. Today Upcoming and Later are not enough. Would really love to be able to have collapsible sections within them. And also when in project view.

We use custom sections for Epics and it be great to expand/collapse them so easy to drag and drop the sections to change the order we work on them.