Clockify not saving Asana Task names

Hello dear Asana community,
Do any of you have experience with Clockify and Asana? According to all the documentation, when tracking time in Asana using the Clockify extension it should add the TASK name to the clockify entry.mUnfortunately it seems to only save the name of the Asana PROJECT.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I may be overlooking?
Alternatively, do any of you have any better solutions? I lead the operations department of a large Creative team. People asre jumping between tasks quite often and therefore any solution should be as easy to use as possible (no clicking outside of Asana to log time).

Any ideas.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi @tom.marsh :wave:t3:

Unfortunately, I have never used Clockify, but based on what I’m seeing in their guide, you’re right, Clockify should pick up both the task and project name. Have you tried to reach out to their support team ( support@clockify.me)?

Hi @Marie,
Thanks for getting back to me. I have already emailed them asking for some help. Lets see if anyone else has any suggestions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great @tom.marsh! Can you let us know here once they get back to you?

@Marie of course. That is the point of the forum, right :wink:

1 Like

You would be surprised how many times people come back and say “that is working now, bye”. :sweat_smile:

Hi everyone, hi @Marie!

so here is what I have been able to find out:

From Clockify
‘The integration with Asana is really simple. Currently, it only shows a button that takes Asana’s task name as a time entry description.
Deeper integration with Asana (with project syncing) is on our to-do list. However, we’re working on some more pressing features at the moment.
Once our backlog clears up a bit, we’ll start working on improving integrations.’

The option ‘Integrations can create projects/tasks/tags’ needs to selected (see attachment).
Once you create a project and tasks and run the timer, Clockify will pick up the project name and task name from Asana.

HOWEVER! You must first create ALL Projects AND Tasks in Clockify FIRST before the integration will recognise them. This makes it useless to me, as this is simply not feasible given the number of different Tasks people are working on/that are being tracked.

So, it is good for some things, but not great for detailed integrated reporting when activation Clockify from within Asana.

Hope this helps some of you!
asanatest1|392x500

1 Like

I agree that this is not convenient @tom.marsh and that I would expect the integration to automate this work for you. Let’s hope this can be implemented sooner rather than later and thanks again for sharing your findings with the community, really appreciate it!

Hey there, are there any updates on the automation options? :slight_smile: