Clicking on a date in My Tasks send the screen shooting to later dates

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: When clicking on a date to reschedule a task, half of the time it works and half of the time the screen quickly scrolls down to much later dates and displays future tasks not the one you were trying to edit.

Steps to reproduce: In My Tasks view, click on an overdue date or today/tomorrow

Browser version: Chrome latest version.

Upload screenshots below: screenshots only show a listing of later tasks. Not useful.

Hi @Odette_Schuler, thanks for reaching out! I believe you are sorting your My Tasks list by Due Date. If so, this is currently working as expected. When you are sorting your list by Due Date and you remove or update the due date, the task will automatically move and be placed in the list of tasks with no due date at the bottom of the list or with other tasks depending on its new due due date. If you sort by “None” and the task will stay in the same place and won’t move.

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 06.45.14

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thank you for replying, @Emily_Roman. I would be happy if this was my problem, because this is how Asana is supposed to function.

Unfortunately, what happens for me is that when I click on the date field, before I am able to change the date on a task, the screen scrolls down to later tasks and I have to scroll back up to the task I was working with. The task doesn’t move at all because I have not had a chance to adjust the date yet.

My problem is some sort of combination of clicking on the date field of a task causes the screen to scroll halfway down the task list. It only happens on the My Tasks view, not on individual projects’ date fields.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me, @Odette_Schuler! In this case, could you please forward a screencast to our Support Team so we can see what happens in the Developer console? That would be super useful to help us investigate! Unfortunately, the Forum doesn’t support video, so I think our support team will be in a better position to help here!

Here are a few tips to record your screencast:

Loom is a great app for video screencasts: https://www.useloom.com/

In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open:

Try to include the entire browser window, including URL bar, in the video screencast.

I hope the issue is solved soon!