Clear obsolete assignee names from suggestions

CASE 1:
I used to work for a project A in my company. I left the project 2 months ago. I’m now using Asana for individual task management. Each time I try to assign a task to myself I’m seeing people I don’t work with anymore in mention-dropdowns. That’s on a business plan.

CASE 2:
I’m using Asana privately for home tasks. Me and my spouse are the only people using these home projects. No teams, no organization, just a free plan. Now, I’m seeing suggestions to @mention people I haven’t worked with for past 7-8 YEARS. WTF?

Can you please help me CLEAN these suggestions as this is really distracting, these people popup each time I try to assign a task for clarity…

I had the same issue with Google Calendar and unwanted event invitees, but there it’s enough to clear all the caches, cookies, local storage and active sessions.

This is a bug.

1 Like

Hi @anon81052631, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! It sounds like you removed these users from your team but not from your Organisation. This is a common question in the forum, and you can find the steps to resolve it here: Delete old ASSIGNEE names from drop down menus

Hi Emily, this is only a solution to the problem named in CASE 2 in my original submission.

I’m still seeing suggestions for people whom I’m not working since more than a year. That’s CASE 1. They are still in my company, but I’m not having any projects with them. How can I unsee them in suggestion in task assignment dropdown? :(((

Also, I’m not able to remove people from my organization since I have no authority to remove people.

Thanks for getting back to me, @anon81052631! In this case, your Organization Admin will be able to remove the members in the Admin Console. If you are not sure who is your Admin or what is the paid plan associated to your Organization, please contact our support team so we can investigate further: How to contact our Support Team ✉ I hope this helps!