Chrome extension add task from context menu linkify the URL

The Chrome extension is handy and the “Add to My Tasks” context menu is a quick way to create a task. However, when it captures the site URL it doesn’t turn this into a link. This is not hard to work around but the main benefit of the extension is that it makes this flow really quick so it’s unfortunate that good old “Create the task manually and copy paste the URL” does a better job, undercutting half of the ease the extension should be providing.

Hi @John_Watts, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback! Currently, when using the chrome extension, the URL will be added as a task, but the URL will not be a link as you mentioned. This is because, at this time, task names cannot be hyperlinked.

Hopefully, this is something our Product team can implement in the future. I’ll keep you posted! :slight_smile:

Hi Rebecca, thanks for responding so quickly. The description of current behavior is incorrect though. When you use the context menu in Chrome to add task, the selected text becomes the title. The URL goes in the description where there certainly can be hyperlinks. Please see the attached screenshots.

Hi @John_Watts, thanks for following up! Yes, you’re correct - there can be hyperlinks in the description!

Let’s hope our Product team can implement your suggestion in the future! I’ll keep you posted if I have any updates :slight_smile: