Can't change my background in My Settings

Hi! I’m new to Asana and I’m trying to change my background image. When I go to “Display” under “My Account” under the guide says to do, an option to change the image does not appear. Am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

Hi @Chad_Leo , welcome to the forum :smiley:
The ‘background image’ used to be a feature of a previous version of Asana’s UI and now no longer available.

If you can provide a link to the article where you read about this, perhaps the @Forum-team can pass that on to the Asana guide team to rectify.

I found this article, which is slightly outdated: How to control your profile settings in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Since this is expected behavior and not a bug, I will move it to the Tips section.

2 Likes

Hello. It would be great to be able to change the background picture once again, as the plain background is very bright and there is only one option, either dark or light.
Please make it possible, once again, to be able to change the background in the “tasks” and other sections in Asana. Thank you for considring my request.

2 Likes

Hi @Richard_Sather backgrounds are still available for Boards (you can choose your background via your setting). We recently experience an issue (see details here: Background image in full screen mode not shown anymore) but it should now be resolved :slight_smile:

Hi @Marie , backgrounds are indeed available for Boards but my conclusion is that they seem to be available only for ‘old’ Asana spaces. I have checked several instances and this appears to be set at the org/worksapce level (not at the user level). Spaces which were created within the past year or two appear to NOT have the option (for any users) for choosing a background image anymore, just like the screenshot by @Chad_Leo in the OP. That is what I tried to explain to them then.

I still feel the Asana guide article should be updated to inform new users that this feature is essentially deprecated, and only available to orgs/worksapces that were created before X date.

1 Like

Thanks @Richard_Sather. I think you’re right, @Emily_Roman mentioned this to me too. I believe this happened while I was on leave, so I totally missed out on this update!

2 Likes

We have a premium account. I am the admin. My background was there on Friday September 1st, but it is gone today, the 5th of September. I still have the option when I try to customize, but nothing happens when I choose a background. I am still able to choose between light and dark. Hope the background options issue is a bug and not something permanent. Our company leans towards board view and we do presentations quite often in board view.

@Lucinda_Costello , welcome to the forum :wave:

Have you tried this workaround?

This workaround doesn’t allow a choice of backgrounds. It only allows you to change light or dark. The options for a background are there, but nothing happens when one is chosen. I think this is a bug that is being worked on based on another forum. Thank you for your help.

@Lucinda_Costello , I think you have misread, apologies if it’s not clear.

Basically, all you need to do is set the background to the DEFAULT so at least the text of the columns will be readable again, UNTIL this bug is fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.