Cannot see task name in Calendar View due to the coloured squares representing tags and projects

Hi there,

My issues is that in Calendar View we cannot see the task name, due to the little squares that represent the other projects/tags/fields that task has. You can’t even hover over the task to see the full name like in Timeline view.

Is there any way to hide these squares from this view? Or is there any other work around?

Thanks

Here is an example screenshot

Calendar View ASana

Hi @Steven_Edworthy

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for sharing the screen shot. This is expected behaviour especially as you appear to have all the fields and tags utilised.

Try and change the view to weekly for example, will that be enhanced a bit?

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 15.36.01

Also our of curioisty, is this in browser layout? which browser? or via the asana too?

Hi, thanks for the quick response!

I’m using Chrome - now that you said that I’ve realised that if I zoom out on the page itself it helps, and displays a partial name of the task at least. But if I zoom out too far then everything else becomes too small.

Is there a way to hide the squares altogether? Also for subtasks it seems to show a partial name for both the parent task and subtask, but in this case it would be more useful just to show more of the subtask name - is there a way to just show the subtask name?
Calendar View Asana2

Thanks!

1 Like

Also changing between Week and Month view makes no difference to the size/visibility of the task name.

1 Like

Hi @Steven_Edworthy
Glad you got it a bit of a fix with the zoom function.

I assume these boxes relate to custom fields that you have visible in your project.

Try going to the list view, click on the hide button and hide the custom fields you do not htink are necessary to be visible on project landing page view.

That should (I hope) reduce the number of voloured boxes you have.

Hi @Rashad_Issa thanks again for the response.

However, the boxes represent other projects that the task is part of, and also custom fields from those other projects, which can’t be hidden in list view here, as they aren’t technically custom fields of this particular project.

These tasks are often part of multiple projects and have quite a few different custom fields within those projects, so they all have lots of these little squares. Ideally we could just hide all of them, as there is not much benefit to have them all showing in calendar view like this.

1 Like

Hi @Steven_Edworthy

You are most welcome.
I believe the only limitation is that if you hide the projects from list view, the setting will not carry over to the calendar view.

But give it a go with hiding custom fields and see how that goes.