Cannot add teams

Hi there,
I am an intermediate level Asana user, and working on setting up a test account as a proposal for my company to make the switch. I am having some issues adding “teams” to the account. In my research, it looks like there is a button for “create new team,” that my account is missing. See screenshots of where I should be able to “create new team.”

Note that I am using a free account to set up the test, and I am using my personal gmail, not my work email.

Any help for setting up teams??
Our current project management is very team-focused, so I would love to build the test with this feature.

Thank you!
-Eva

0 Likes

Hi,
I think it can be two ways: you are in a Workspace and not an Organization OR you are not the admin of your space.
Have a look at https://asana.com/guide/help/faq/common-questions#gl-workspace-or-org

1 Like

Hi @Eva_Wong and welcome to the Forum!

If you don’t see the option to create a Team, it’s probably because you’re using a Workspace! Have a look at the article shared by @Bastien_Siebman just above to learn more about differences between a WS and an Org!

@Bastien_Siebman, in an Organisation all members can create Teams, it doesn’t require to be an Admin :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll go to bed being less dumb (that is a French expression, that does not translate well :man_shrugging:)

1 Like