I had everything nicely color coded and suddenly the color palette changed AGAIN. It’s very annoying, especially with how limited the options are.
Wasn’t it only changes in shades? so your blue is a bit different but still blue, same for green etc?
Light blue was replaced by a greenish mint color that doesn’t stand out as much as the old one did.
I know it’s a minor thing, but what’s the point of doing it at all? Why not expand the color options instead, something that people have been requesting for at least 9 years now?
I’d say 2 reasons; and keep in mind this is my opinion, I don’t work for Asana.
- if you let people decide colours entirely, most Asana will end up being horrible and ugly. And people might associated Asana with ugly. That’s why most apps can’t be customisable beyond a certain point. We all remember skyblogs
- Asana is very friendly towards minorities, and in that case color blind people; so they create a palette adapted for them. Most companies won’t care and will pick colours randomly
once again Asana are deciding for the user how the app should be used. This is along with the decision to not include the ability to assign multiple assignees, because Asana has decided that there should only be one person responsible for the task (literally their response on the most upvoted feature request)
This along with all the removal of colour is just pissing off users. People like Asana because it is different from the other apps that are clearly corporate shill with no soul. Asana has always had the edge of the app being a bit funner and more enjoyable to use. Without these features, what is Asana’s USP exactly?
They are always bragging about how much they listen to users and take in their feedback, but this new focus entirely on AI features, plus removing loved features, people are complaining about this removal, and I can guarantee they will ignore these complaints and requests to bring the features back.
Most apps out there have a vision. Not having a vision is creating an app that satisfies everyone, and you end up with an overly complex app that nobody wants to use. I’ll disagree with you on this one.
I don’t think Asana should expand to limitless colors, but I also share the frustration with the color change! Now there are three greenish mint colors that look basically the same, the light blue stood out a lot more. I definitely noticed it right away when I opened Asana this morning!
Agreed! I was so confused about why certain tasks were green this morning when they were definitely blue yesterday. I’m fine with Asana adjusting colors, but some of their recent changes aren’t my favorite. The three greenish mint colors are less helpful than the more distinct shades they had before.
people might associate Asana with ugly
If this is their fear, they’ve unknowingly stumbled into it with this change! The new green-blue that replaced the previous blue is ugly, and the new fleshy pink that replaced the vibrant pinky-peach is also ugly.
I feel differently from most in this thread because I don’t want customizable color options, I just want them to stop changing random colors. A full palette change is one thing, but individual color changes throw off organizational color-coding systems and make the palette as a whole feel unbalanced. Seconding Kateland, the new green-blue is hard to differentiate from other colors, it looks too similar to the green and the mint at a glance.
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your feedback! This palette is part of a wider redesign, so I can’t promise a return to the previous colors. What I can do is make sure the feedback lands: the thread is with our product design team, and the point that some shades are now hard to tell apart is a design question they can look at on its own.
Let us know if you have any other questions or feedback!
Hi everyone, posting here because I can’t figure out where else to give feedback.
I colour-code my projects, and it all worked swimmingly until the colour choices were recently updated. RIP red, and in its place a coral-y colour that is far too similar to another coral-y colour. I can’t tell them apart! Please go back to colours one can actually distinguish at a glance. What was wrong with red?
Thank you!
Hi @Kat_Tancock1 , you’re looking for the Product Ideas category
Latest Asana Community/Product Ideas topics - Asana Community
…and that comes with the ability for people to vote on your idea. Unless there’s already another idea that you can support and add details to… if you search on this page it will search the Product Ideas.
I found this…
Colours update - Asana Community / Ask the Community - Asana Community
Thank you!
Welcome, @Kat_Tancock1,
I’ve merged this topic into an existing one where you can click the title to scroll to the top and vote by clicking the Vote button at the top-left.
See also the post near the end of the thread with Asana’s response.
Thanks,
Larry
I totally agree with this.
I was so happy with previous colour choices they had
Thank you!