Can the FORM in Asana become template or Save as a template?

Our company invested in the premium services with the assumption we could use custom forms across projects. We were hoping to use Forms for all of our Project Intake processes with customers. From other threads, I see this has been a request/concern for at least a year. We enjoy the ease of use and flexibility of this application, but investing in premium service and lacking one of our top needs is disappointing. This is a logical and needed upgrade and I hope itā€™s being prioritized by the Asana team.

Thank you,

This is the ONE thing holding us back from upgrading to asana for business. Please pleaseā€¦ PLEASE someone tell me how to vote for this featureā€¦ I will have my entire company vote for it. And asana would make bank off the upgraded user fees. Win win.

1 Like

Forms is a fantastic idea, and I love that the content goes into a task once submitted. But not being able to make it a template is really making it not useful at all. It would be great if a form could be duplicated across any other project you like, and if you copy a project then the form is copied too.

We create a new project for each customer. Each customer has the same survey we want them to fill out. Itā€™s a big waste of time to have to re-create the same form for every new customer.

3 Likes

Saving a form as part of project template is absolutely necessary

1 Like

+1 here!! We are considering upgrading to Asana Premium and this is sooo necessary for our team usage- canā€™t really understand why this isnā€™t available at this point. PLEASE PLEASE Asana work this out.

2 Likes

Please make it possible to save Forms as templates.

1 Like

How is this still not a feature???

I was excited to bring forms to my team to ENSURE that we consistently collect the information needed for our clients, and was bummed to learn that you canā€™t template itā€¦ isnā€™t that the whole purpose of Asana, streamline & templates? The forms feature is essentially useless then and should be removed altogether.

1 Like

@anon58004215 @anon81613779

Just tried this feature today as I was developing a Creative Brief. While you canā€™t save this as a template to reuse multiple times, YOU CAN however work around it.:

• Set up a project template and call it Creative Requests, or Project Briefs, or whatever fits best.
  • Create your form, which will give you a link that you can share.
  • Every time you send this link out and someone submits the form, a new copy of the submitted form will appear in the Creative Requests Project you had set up as a Task. It will say ā€œForm Submitted.ā€
  • In asana, you can move a task to another project, and since this form submission and its contents appear as a task, you can simply click the ā€œapps-looking iconā€ next to the check mark and drag it to the left of your screen where all of your projects are listed. Of course drag it to the corresponding project and you can rename it whatever you want once itā€™s there.

Give it a try!

3 Likes

Wow! Thatā€™s actually a great suggestion! I will give it a go!

Voted +1 ā€“ Total agree here! We use Asana to manage monthly sprints across all of our clients, creating a new Asana project for each month/sprint. Was just exploring this as a way to standardize new backlog additions, requests and/or in-sprint fixesā€¦ and was surprised to learn templating forms is not an option. The lack of this feature represents a sizable limitation for us in how forms can be leveraged due to the recurring nature of how we use Asana.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Our Product Team has rolled out this feature and you all now have access to the option to duplicate forms when creating a project from a template or when duplicating a project containing a form :tada: This feature will allow you to save forms as templates.

Thanks for sharing this great feedback with us!

8 Likes