Can I use Asana to help track media relations?

I need to track media communication and placement for my client. Can I use Asana for this?
As an example: I reached out to multiple podcasters last week. I want to track who I spoke to and their responses. Once I get a media placement I have to track items like: name of podcast/url, podcasters name, questions/talking points submitted, date of interview, air date, address/location, phone, email address, notes.

I’m not sure Asana has the capability to do what I need. But I need more than a spreadsheet.
Thank you

@Lynn_McGinnis, Asana can certainly do this though I think you’d find it easier with Asana Premium than with the Asana free version. You can learn how at How to use Asana, Asana tutorials, onboarding tips, and team use cases | Product guide • Asana Product Guide or hire one of us to help at https://certifiedpros.asana.com/ or iDO Tools - Improve Asana with our tools and automations.

Larry

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

I use Asana for exactly this. It works great!

@lpb I need to track communications as well. is there a specific article that addresses this?

Welcome, @anon70824123,

Can you explain what you mean by “track communications?”

If all parties were in Asana this could be done in the comment thread of the task, perhaps.

I’m not aware of a specific article on this topic.

Sorry,

Larry

Similar to the OP. I need to manage donor relations and project volunteers. The parties involved are not on Asana. I need a way to remember when I emailed someone, track the conversation and see when to follow up based on time elapsed.

I don’t know of a specific article on this topic. When I have to do this, I find it easiest to use a combination of Asana and email. For more specifics, I’d need to understand your workflow in more detail, which is what I do during Asana consulting engagements with clients.

Thanks,

Larry

Thanks!

1 Like