Calendar View formatting question

We’re trying to migrate off of Google Calendar to take advantage of the functionality of Asana, but we’re hitting a couple roadblocks. I’m also experimenting with Airtable and finding much of it helpful.

Anyhow, here’s a couple questions I have. Basically they are formatting questions.

1----- Can we reduce the number of weeks being scrolled through so that the weeks are TALLER, allowing for more tasks to be displayed? Can we make the tasks just a little smaller so we can fit more? We use large 48" 4K monitors specifically so we can work with smaller, sharper fonts. Airtable does this really well, as does Google (custom month view set to 2 or 3 weeks).

1-------------Calendar View, the grid is too short to display enough of the daily tasks— I can’t find an option that shows fewer weeks. The weeks need to be taller to allow display of more. Any given day in our Projects might have a dozen tasks. With Google and Airtable, I can set the calendar to a 2-week view which allows the calendar days to have a VERY TALL opening where all tasks can be seen. Having to click “see more” is insufficient.

2------------Can we get the Main Task to display in a different font/format than the Subtask? I LOVE how subtasks on the Calendar view show both the subtask name AND the main task name together, but having both as the exact same font makes for a visually homogenous calendar. We’d benefit greatly if the Main Task name was in a much bolder font.

3----- Can we display the “Main Task” name first, followed by the Subtask name? Currently it does the opposite, which is understandable for most circumstances. But being able to reverse this would benefit our use of the Calendar more.

Hi @Matt5, let me help with your questions! :slight_smile:

1. At this time, it’s not possible to resize the week view on the Calendar. We do have an existing thread in the #productfeedback category requesting more Calendar view options. You can add your vote here: https://forum.asana.com/t/more-calendar-view-options/2151

2. Similarly, we also have an existing thread requesting the ability to change font and styles: Changing the Font and Styles - #7 by Rich_Becks. This is not currently possible in Asana, for parents tasks or subtasks.

3. It is also not possible to switch the subtask>parent task labelling at this time. I’d suggest creating your own #productfeedback thread for this request, allowing other members to vote for this feature if they’d also like to see this brought to Asana!

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to provide you with any solutions or workarounds in this case, Matt. Hopefully we can see some of these requests come to life soon :crossed_fingers:t2:

Ugh, this wasn’t what I hoped to hear.

I can understand why my request on #3 isn’t part of the scheme because I realize we’re probably about the only people that would want the order reversed.

But #1 and #2 are so very basic. #1 especially.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.