Bug: Project Create Color Parameter Not Setting

The Asana documentation includes updating the “color” parameter when creating a new Project.
However, it doesn’t seem to apply correctly in either the Create or Update method.
Even using an extremely simple body like below.
I submitted to Support but it keeps getting bounced back with “try this” or “check this” so giving this forum a shot. My guess is that the enum translation is somehow not working.

URL Request: https://app.asana.com/api/1.0/projects?team=XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Body:
{
“data”:{
“name”: “Asana Support Test”,
“html_notes”: “

• One
  • Two
”,
“color”: “dark-pink”
}
}

The resulting project still has a gray icon.
Another thing to note, after creating a project with this parameter the value never changes when doing a GET on the project…even if the icon/project color is changed. This adds support to the issue being somehow related to enum of the color values.

@Jeff_Bantz,

This thread should help, hopefully:

The information is actually included in the documentation and I’m using a valid enumeration.
I tried to pass the color code instead of the enumeration…but that didn’t work. I’m just curious if anyone is actually getting the color to set when they create a new project via API?

{
“errors”: [
{
“message”: “color: Must be one of {dark-blue, dark-brown, dark-green, dark-orange, dark-pink, dark-purple, dark-red, dark-teal, dark-warm-gray, light-blue, light-green, light-orange, light-pink, light-purple, light-red, light-teal, light-warm-gray, light-yellow, none}, not: #E84F9C”,
“help”: “For more information on API status codes and how to handle them, read the docs on errors: Asana
}
]
}